Brie makes a great appetizer for any occasion. This is probably one of the simplest brie recipes that I’ve made and it only has four ingredients. It made a nice starter before Thanksgiving dinner.
- Brie cheese
- 100g of pecans (halved)
- 2-3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- Red pepper jelly
- Cut the top of the rind off the brie cheese and place in a round flat oven-safe dish
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees
- Pre-heat a frying pan at low heat
- Add two teaspoons of brown sugar to the frying pan and allow the brown sugar to melt/caramelize
- Add the pecans to the frying pan and stir frequently with a wooden spoon to roast them for about 2-3 minutes
- Remove pecans from pan after they have been candied with the brown sugar and spread them on a flat plate or platter to cool
- Add the red pepper jelly (aka hot pepper jelly) on top of the brie cheese until it is covered with a layer of jelly (approximately 1/3 of the jar)
- Add the pecan pieces to the top of the jam
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes or until the centre of the brie is warm
- Let the brie cool for approximately 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with crackers (sweet potato artisan crackers and organic artisan crisps made with cranberry, cashew and black quinoa made a good complement with the brie) or baguette bread
This brie appetizer is a crowd pleaser and for a cheese lover, it will make your stomach smile.