I enjoy spicy food and so I decided to make chorizo the star of this dish. This is a no carb recipe that’s easy to prepare and make in one pan. Chorizo is a type of pork sausage and is traditionally spicy. It’s made with either smoked paprika or chilli peppers that turn up the heat. This dish is flavourful and colourful with the addition of fresh vegetables.
- 2-3 Chorizo sausages
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp of minced garlic
- 3 pearl red onions
- 10 mushrooms
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of green beans
- 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2-3 tbsp of olive oil
- Pre-heat skillet or frying pan on medium heat and add 1-2 tbsp of olive oil
- Pan fry chorizo and flip and cook for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side.
- After chorizo is finished cooking let it stand and set aside for slicing later
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to frying pan
- Wash and clean all vegetables and fruit
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half and slice mushrooms on chopping board
- Add mushrooms, pearl red onions and green beans to the pan and fry for 4 minutes (stir occasionally)
- Add lime juice (squeeze lime), smoked paprika, tomatoes and garlic to the pan and stir occasionally for 3 minutes
- Sprinkle salt and black pepper onto vegetables and mix in serving platter
- Slice the chorizo into 1/2 inch thick slices and serve on top of the vegetables
I really enjoyed creating this dish and the hint of lime flavour comes out in the vegetables while you eat the spicy chorizo sausage. The crisp green beans and the cherry tomatoes are a great combination that makes this dish pop with colour and taste delicious. I hope you try and enjoy this dish as much as I have.