As the weather gets cooler and time becomes limited there is nothing like a warm meal made in a slow cooker or crock pot.
This pot roast recipe is delicious tender and easy to make.
- Beef chuck roast or any other roast beef cut
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 a cup of red wine (or cooking wine if you don’t have any red wine)
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- Minced garlic
- Bay leaves or basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- Baby carrots or chopped carrots
- Chopped/wedges of a 1/2 onion
- Mini-red potatoes (halved).
- Brown the roast beef in a pan on all sides for about 10 minutes using the olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Place the remaining ingredients into the slow cooker and stir.
- Depending on your slow cooker settings let it cook for 3-6 hours/or until tender. If you don’t like your potatoes or carrots soft leave them out of the slow cooker and add them in about 1-1.5 hours before the roast cooking time is done.