If you have a sweet tooth and you are looking for a sweet snack, appetizer or side dish, you’ll love this recipe. All you need is a few ingredients and sweet potato. This is the first time I made this but, it turned out better than I expected. It’s sweet and savoury.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2-3 tbsps of raw honey (or honey)
- 1 tsp of nutmeg
- 1 tsp of lime juice
- 1 tbsp of Persian Lime Olive Oil (infused speciality olive oil – substitute with regular olive oil and add an extra tsp of lime juice if you can’t find it)
- 1 tsp of basil
- 2 tbsp of butter
- black pepper
- Melt butter and honey in microwave for 30 seconds in small microwavable bowl
- Mix in nutmeg, lime juice basil and a pinch of black pepper and salt to the butter and honey.
- Clean and peel sweet potato
- Cut sweet potato into small cube pieces
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Celsius
- Add sweet potato with baking sheet
- Pour olive oil over the sweet potato along with the honey and butter mixture
- Mix the ingredients together with your hands or spoons so that the sweet potato almost looks glazed and spread evenly over baking sheet
- Bake for 45 minutes and turn/mix sweet potato every 10 so the sweet potato gets baked on each side and doesn’t burn
- Remove from baking dish and let cool for a couple minutes
- Serve and enjoy
I really enjoyed the sweetness of this dish as the honey and butter almost caramelises over the sweet potato bites. I hope you enjoy this recipe too. Warning: it’s a bit sticky but, addictive.