Sometimes we crave fried food and this recipe will satisfy your fast food craving. Instead of making your regular French fries let’s mix it up with some homemade sweet potato fries. This recipe is simple, easy and quick. If you want to have a healthier version of this recipe then just bake it instead of frying it.
- 3 Skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup of corn starch
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Tumeric
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 cup of tempura bits/panko
- 1 egg
- Sweet Potatoes
- 1/2-1 cup of vegetable Oil
- Ketchup and Sweet Thai Chilli Sauce (or your favourite dipping sauce)
- Cut the chicken breasts into strips that are 1-2 inches wide.
- Mix strips with one whisked egg in a bowl.
- Add flour, the corn starch, salt, black pepper, Tumeric, paprika, garlic powder and tempura into a plastic bag.
- Shake chicken strips in the batter in batches of 6 strips into the plastic bag with the batter mix.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and slice into fries (thick or thin cut).
- Preheat a frying pan with at least 1 inch of vegetable oil for deep frying.
- Fry the sweet potato fries in the frying pan until crisp and cooked (approximately 10-15 minutes) and flip occasionally.
- Put fries on a paper towel on a plate after frying and add a pinch of salt and black pepper while it cools down.
- Place the chicken strips in the frying pan and fry until golden brown and cooked, while flipping occasionally (approximately 15-20 minutes).
- Serve with your favourite dipping sauces.
Make sure to serve this while it’s hot and you will enjoy every bite. You want your chicken fingers to be moist inside but fully cooked and your fries to be crispy. Another good dipping sauce for sweet potato fries is sriracha mayonnaise (1 tsp of sriracha and 2-3 tablespoons of mayonnaise). It’s a bit spicy but it makes a good combination with the saltiness of the fries. If you decide to bake the chicken fingers and fries I recommend you bake it at for approximately 25-30 minutes and flipping it occasionally while baking at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Or just check out the baked sweet potato fries recipe.