This is a nice sweet and savoury salad recipe. It’s a great salad to have over the holidays or just as a tasty side salad with dinner. The feta cheese and pomegranate make the perfect combination with the baby spinach and arugula greens.
I even added a pomegranate balsamic vinegar to the dressing that took it up a notch for this flavour combination.
- 1 Pomegranate
- 1 package of baby spinach and arugula salad mix
- 1/2 to 3/4 a cup of crumbled Feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons of Pomegranate balsamic vinegar
- Mini red pearl onions/shallots sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- Add two teaspoons of brown sugar to the frying pan and allow the brown sugar to melt/caramelise
- Add the pecans to the frying pan and stir frequently with a wooden spoon to roast them for about 2-3 minutes
- Remove pecans from pan after they have been candied with the brown sugar and spread them on a flat plate or platter to cool
- Cut and de-seed the pomegranate and rinse the seeds in cold water and strain out the water
- Stir or whisk 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar with 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a small bowl to make the salad dressing
- Mix the baby spinach, arugula, candied pecans, and mini pearl red onion slices in a salad bowl
- Add the crumbled feta cheese and pomegranate seeds into the salad bowl
- Mix the salad ingredients with the balsamic salad dressing
This salad is festive and tasty and the sweetness from the pomegranate seeds with the candied pecans will make your sweet tooth smile.